In all the speculation about what is causing the recent wave of shootings, the one thing they have in common has been largely ignored when it should be receiving urgent attention: the shooters have received psychiatric treatment, which these days almost always means psychiatric drugs with known links to violence:
- International regulatory authorities have issued 22 drug warnings on psychiatric drugs causing hostility, aggression, mania/psychosis, homicidal thoughts and harm to others. These warnings have been issued in the United States, European Union, Japan, United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- From 2004 to 2011, over 12,700 reports of violent side effects from psychiatric drugs were reported to the FDA. (Only 1%-10% of side effects are ever reported to the FDA, so the actual number of violent side effects from these drugs could easily be 10 to 100 times higher.)
- A study by the Institute for Safe Medication Practices found that 8 of the top 10 violence-inducing prescription drugs are psychiatric drugs.
- At least 14 school shootings were committed by individuals taking or withdrawing from psychiatric drugs. (In other school shootings, the shooters’ mental health history was not made public.)
- The New York State Senate recognized the violence-inducing side effects of psychiatric drugs as far back as 2000, citing “a large body of scientific research establishing a connection between violence and suicide and the use of psychotropic drugs.” [Psychotropic drugs = mind-altering psychiatric drugs]
CCHR is calling on U.S. lawmakers to immediately open an investigation into the role of psychiatric drugs in school shootings and similar acts of violence, given that supporting data has to date been ignored by the U.S. government and the mental health agencies.
4 thoughts on “Please Sign CCHR’s Petition Demanding Investigation of Link Between Psychiatric Drugs And Violence”
Some of these Psychiatirc drugs should be banned in stead of the guns that these people are using when they are on these drugs!!!! It’s not the guns fault!!!! It needs someone to pull the trigger and it is people using these Psychiatirc drugs.
My life and professional reputation have been shattered by psychiatric drugs. The sooner they are banned, the sooner we as a country can thrive.
All this garbage needs .to made a class 7 narcotic. Banned is simply too kind.
Go out for a walk. Get busy. Do something dffnereit. Also look up and force yourself to smile and say something so stupid that you can break your state. You are in an un-resourceful state and that’s why you feel like crap break that state. Say something like MY FEET DONT STINK TODAY! Put saliva (or water) in your mouth (don’t let your mouth go dry) and issue a command such as I am strong calm and relaxed and I’ll stay that way for the rest of my life . Be strong BE A MAN!